06 January 2011

Losing My Religion

I don't know what OCZ is supposed to be an acronym for (don't end sentences preposition with), but 'Oly Crap Zoroaster will do.  They're at CES, and here's some info from our friends at AnandTech.  Note that the thing screams even with compressed data.  Hmmm.

Later in the article is the toss-away:
"On the other end of the spectrum, OCZ presented an even bigger (physically) drive: the IBIS XL. Now this isn't going to be productized, but it's simply something to test the waters with. The IBIS XL fits into a standard 5.25" drive by and starts at 4TB."

As I've mentioned a few times, Zsolt at storagesearch makes the case that sooner, not later, SSD will even take over the petabyte world of storage.  I've always thought that a bit daft.  Now, I'm not so sure it's daft.

Gimme a B! Gimme a C! Gimme an N! Gimme an F!  What's it spell???  The future.  (This is where I toss the cute blonde cheerleader over my shoulder.)

No comments: